Solo Performance | 11-14CATDP | Ultra High Flow Catted Coverter Down Pipe Assembly Fits 2011-2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
All of us at Solo Performance are proud to announce that we have our 2011–2014 Ford F150 V6 Twin Turbo Ultra High Flow Converters, tested and ready for sale. These are a full stainless steel converter/resonator assembly that has all stainless welds, O2 bungs, flanges, etc. We have two test trucks (Thanks so much again Boostedfitz, for your time and efforts!!!) out there that all have over 500 miles on them with no engine light issues. It’s so important to thoroughly test these High Flow Converters on multiple vehicles and we appreciate your interest and patience during this phase. Having said this we can’t be completely sure until there are 10 or so units out there with no issues.
Solo is the only company that we know of that incorporates a resonator into a converter assembly when necessary. A by-product of the restrictive nature of the “stock” Ecoboost converters is quietness. When we took the restriction away and opened up the converters with our Solo High Flows the noise became unbearable. We inserted a 3 inch free flow Solo Mach-Resonator at the rear of the assembly and the exhaust note changed from “horrible” to an “8 Cylinder Symphony.” With the addition of the Solo High Flow Cats, your current exhaust note increases in volume by approximately 2 DB and the note deepens, richens, and becomes more full and rounded. The throttle response is greatly improved with the Solo Performance Ecoboost Cats, and our customers have commented on feeling the difference in HP (horse power) and torque from the first drive. The piping is all 3” mandrel bent stainless steel and much care and consideration has been given to not only the “path of the exhaust” but the “transition intersection” as well.
Exhaust Kit Details
* 200 cell stainless steel spiral wound design. This design is long lasting, ultra-high flow, and completely stainless inside and out.
* Converters are far overrated for the truck, at 6.0L per side. That’s 12.0L of cleaning ability.
* 3” mandrel bent stainless steel pipes ( except the first few inches that are 2 ½” due to the manifolds )
* Includes a special design stainless steel 3/8” thick front flange. A special spacer ring has also been incorporated to allow for the Ford shouldered studs coming out of the manifold.
* All pipes, O2 bungs, resonator, and welds are stainless steel.
* For sound reasons we had to incorporate a 3” free flow resonator behind the converters. With the addition of the free flow resonator we now have great sound (2 DB louder) and performance.
* These converters are not CARB certified but they do pass all emissions and keep the CEL light off. They are technically for off road use only.
* Oxygen Sensor Extenders are included for the two rear O2 bungs. These extenders contribute to the elimination of the engine light.
* No CEL or engine lights to date! 100% BOLT ON!
* Stock Weight is 42 pounds and the Solo High Flow Converter weight is 21 pounds